Sunday, January 15, 2006

Positive Thinking

You know......I am still trying to come to terms with how full of optimism people are over here. It is such a contrast to how it was or indeed is back in the UK.

Over here people in general are earning so much more money comparatively than they were even 3 years ago. I have never seen the kind of boom times that are going on here in my life. Take property for example. I met a guy the other day. He bought a house for around 50 lacs (half a million) of rupees which equates to around £62,000 about 1 and a half years ago. Today it is worth easily double that !!!!!! In 1 an a half years !!!

All of this of course must be tempered by the fact that there is also a burgeoning underclass of paople who have next to nothing. I have noticed that with the growth of the Indian economy the number of beggers on the streets has significantly increased in recent years, it is those people who will never be able take part in the new emerging India. Is it always the case that when an economy grows like this that people should be left by the weyside.......I think so. I cannot think of one example of a nation that is making decent money that looks after it's poor sufficiently well to ensure that no one has to beg.

So....... as a race we still seem to be heading in the wrong direction. We still cannot seem to do the one decent thing ......... Look after one another in a proper and decent manner.

Peace and Love

1 Comments:

Blogger Akash said...

Hi Sand,

Enjoying your blog quite a lot and I am presuming you are the sandy that turns up on my blog!

Manu's email address is sachdevam@un.org
take care and hope to see you soon
Love Bobby

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home