Saturday, July 04, 2009

So little but so much...

So little MCR work seems to be out there these days...... well.... for a decent rate anyway.

I have been home for nearly seven months now. I still cannot bring myself to work here in India. The woking culture is not conduicive to the way I work. So as you may or may not have have read in a previous post I have started my own business..... Actually I am in the process of starting a second business also. Some of you may know that Roochi has been doing a bespoke rug service. Well the relationship that we have built up with the manufacturer over the years is one of warmth and trust. I mentioned to them in a meeting some months ago about the possibility of clearing unwanted stock. At the time they did not seem interested but a couple of months ago they got back to me asking me if I was still interested in doing the sales work for them. I said only if we can offer the cusomer a fantastic deal...... he said he will give the rugs at cost less 50%! Now we are talking. I am going to do it as a B to B business. Basically I have the keys to the warehouses of the best rug makers in India which makes them amongst the best rug makers in the world !! It is an exciting prospect. I am going to put up a website as a shop window and deliver door to door. The site should be up in September as there is alot of photographic work that needs to be done first. Wish me luck.

Otherwise the summer here in India has been blistering. The monsoons are late which has compounded things. The kids and I have spent lots of time going to the cinema watching movies. In the last couple of weeks we have seen...... Star Trek, Wolverine and Terminator Salvation. All were good but I would say that Star Trek was particularly good. I have to also add that the cinemas here are just fantastic. the seats are most comfortable there is loads of legroom the seat will cost no more than GBP2.50 popcorn around GBP1.20. If you should be feeling extravagant you could go for gold class were the seats are just like business class seats with chairside service , blankets and such like for around GBP4.00. during the week !

Anyway....to end this entry below is a photo of Roochi, Natasha, Nikhil, me and my aunt in Mumbai on the waterfront. We had a great time going to Mumbai and Pune and hope to get back there again some time in the future.


1 Comments:

Blogger Hum said...

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v329/234/115/757539973/n757539973_1258730_7873.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v329/234/115/757539973/n757539973_1258732_8548.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v329/234/115/757539973/n757539973_1258731_8182.jpg

Sanjiv it's Hamiora!
The family looks great and you look pretty sharp too.
Here's some photos from the wedding.
I just started a blog, Thought I'd follow you and Baggie.
I had a great time in Amsterdam (long time ago now), It was a shame I slept most of it.
see you.
Hami.

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home