Sunday, January 22, 2006

Kids and Yoga.......

Every Sunday for the last 3 months now, Nikhil and Natasha (my 2 children) have been going to the Sivananda Yoga centre in Kailash Colony...near Nehru place if you know Delhi........... which to my shame I still don't. Anyway...........

For 2 hours they chant and do quite strenuous stretching and excersize. The result is not however what I expected. Usually after such physical activity they would both be breathing deeply and gasping for water and telling me how hard they had worked etc etc. After yoga however they both seem to be in a very peaceful state of thoughtfulness. When we get in the car Nikhil usually does not stop talking about this or that.....but after Yoga he seems to be undergoing a process of quiet contemplation. When I ask him about it he tells me where he got the chants right and when the teacher praised him then just smiles. Natasha knows all of the chants back to front.....when she gets in the car she quietly sings them, beautifully I might add, and will tell me how Nikhil is getting on in the yoga class.

From my understanding of Yoga.....it is meant to do these things. Give peace of mind and of body. I have tried yoga and it did these things to a degree. BUT nothing gives me more peace of mind and moreover happiness than our drive home from the Yoga centre.

Peace and love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home