Friday, November 24, 2006

Doha Part II

The food.... oh the food is great. Grilled meats, warm breads, homous and taboulei are the staple diet of the Qataries... and me for that matter :) For a full meal consisting of grilled lamb, bread, salad, yogurt and a drink ( non alcoholic of course ) will set you back about 20 riyals or about 2 pounds and 50 pence or about 200 rupees. So all in all good value for money. You can get hold of any kind of food here. (apart from anything to do with pork of course ! Ohhhhh sausages ...... baaaaaaacon.:))
There are some really good all american burger joints, adequate indian food, steaks, chinese, japanese, korean. Basically anything. It is all good value for money.
You can drink alcohol in the hotel bars here. I am hoping to get to one tomorrow night. :) Much needed I might add.!!
The nice thing here is that cabs are very cheap indeed, if you can get one that is. There are not enough authorised cabs on the streets of Doha so there is a thriving business in unauthorised cabs, they too are cheap but not as cheap as the authorised ones. Quite often when I have been walking home people will stop and ask if I need a lift and will not ask for any money !!! Lovely :))

I am ashamed to say that I have not yet walked around the famous corniche here. The Four Seasons is at one end of the Corniche so I think a walk around the Corniche and then a visit to their famous Friday seafood buffet is in order. Soon.

More Later

Peace and Love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home