Monday, July 27, 2009

How things change….

Times are definitely changing for me right now. Can you believe it….. I am a toothbrush salesman !!! Yea that’s right. I am doing an exhibition right now in Delhi that caters to the dental fraternity in India and I have a stand there that is showcasing toothbrushes amongst other things.

I tell you what it is a far cry from being in Vienna enabling the transmission of football matches to the UK for ITV.

I think I am enjoying it though. The appetite for getting things….. anything in India is huge. Not like back in blighty where when ever you meet a salesman one groans and thinks “here we go”.

In India I have found that generally people have shown a great deal of interest in what I have to offer. It also does help me that the product is really well made and I can comfortably use the words “The best in India today” as part of my sales pitch and know that I am not telling porkies.

I must admit I have not been actively looking for TV work but from what I understand there is less and less freelance work which means that this change could have come at the right time. Time will tell but if the first day of the show is anything to go by and if we diligently follow up any and all inquiries this could definitely be a goer. It had better be otherwise I am buggered !!! :)

How things change..

Peace and much love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home