Monday, July 05, 2010

Football has finally Arrived

It looks like it anyway.
I was out a couple of nights ago to watch Germany v Argentina in the quarter finals at a restaurant cum bar in a mall just round the corner from me. What greeted me when I entered was a sight I did not expect. The place was absolutely packed with people wearing football shirts most of whom were there to support Argentina.!! The noise was deafening and the atmosphere was actually quite fun, especially as I was supporting Germany ;) hehehe. What I did notice which made me laugh was as the game went on and it started to become a possibility that Argentina were going to lose some of the supporters there started to change their loyalties. So these people in Argentina shirts were now cheering for Germany. Glory hunters ;) I reckon that this particular bar should theme itself on football as I am sure by the looks of it they made a good profit that night. Up until then I have not ever seen it so busy and in fact I had wondered how much longer it would survive. At least football has had another winner out of this.

Peace and love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home