Thursday, March 02, 2006

Coq au Flu ???

Bird flu has hit India. Oh my god. I will have to stop eating chicken for the next 200 years or else I might die.....;)

I was out for dinner the other day with a doctor from Delhi. His view was identical to many of those in Delhi and that is avoid chicken at all costs.
CODSWALLOP I told him. I have still been eating chicken and loving it .... especially as it is cheaper than anything else at the moment as no one is eating it. The favourite food of delhiites is no more.
" What...." the doctor said "you have eaten chicken " I promise this was said in all serious. This in a country where nobody really looks when they are crossing the road. Nobody really pays attention to the traffic lights when driving. The roads and pavements are full of gaping hole to fall down and die in. People hang off buses as if they are trapeeze artists. Yet..... they will not eat chicken. It is kinda funny.
The likelyhood of catching bird flu is negligible. Make sure it is cooked well. Simple :)

Peace and Love

4 Comments:

Blogger Akash said...

The reaction seems to be similar to that in Hong Kong during SARS - I think there were about 80 people who died of sars - I can't remember exactly - but the newspapers were full of it and with everyone in Hong Kong wearing masks. No reports, obviously, on the people who die of cholera, typhoid and malaria in Hong Kong (all of which are basically preventable).

Cook chicken properly and don't eat raw eggs apparently. The danger is not from chickens but if and when the virus mutates so it can be transferred from person to person.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

pah! bird flu my arris,all that warm weather is turning them soft Its that cold over here our chickens have got pnumonia and frost bite and we still eat em by the bucket load..Gawd bless dirty chicken,the staple diet of every pub going londoner.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Jay...Just to let you know, as far as I am aware I do not have the power to delete comments unless I have made them myself. I do have the power to block people from making comments ..... I think.:)

When are you coming over ?

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home