Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Shutout :(

I have managed to find a regular squash partner in Delhi at last. Sarvjit Dhillon (Sarv for short) he is the dad of one of Nikhils friends at school. We are quite well matched but he has the slight upper hand as he has a couple of great killer shots. Our matches, if best of 7 will be 4-3 to him or 5-2 to him. best of 5 would normally be 3-2. BUT, yesterday I was feeling good..... he had been out on the liquor the night before and not feeling well. I offered not to play as I did not want any excuses for his first loss against me. " No " he said I wanna play. Cool I thought. We got onto the court and played. What happened next was totally demoralizing. He beat me 5-0 !!! F*!K, S**T, B!$%&*KS, W*&K. I cannot explain what happened, I reckon I just got complacent. In at least 3 games I was 5 or 6 points in the lead and I have a tendency to try and catch a breather before trying to finish off.....big mistake....I should have, at that moment.....sueezed harder to finish him off. The fact is I didn't. To give the respect due to Sarv I am not sure that if I had squeezed harder I would have won. I cannot leave Delhi now until I have had a chance at retribution.
Sarv WATCH OUT :)))

Peace and Love and War...(on the squash court that is ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Thanks Soj,

We too are looking forward to seeing you guys in July. I hope all is well with you.

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home