Friday, June 09, 2006

The Mountains.

I am currently up in a town called Dhera Dun. It is in the foothills of the Himalayas. We (Roochi the kids and I ) are being so well looked after by Roochis cousins family. I am eating so much that I have to force myself to do a mountain climb every day otherwise I shall ballooon with the amount I am eating. I say mountain climb.....I suppose it is more of a hill climb really but at the top of the climb the view is spectacular. I did bring my camera but I did not bring the software or cable to connect to this computer so apologies for the lack of photos. I am thinking about doing a bit of trekking ! Trekking is something I would never have considered before now as it seemed too much like hard work but now I am really looking forward to doing one. Hopefully I can get a one day trek sorted out before our stay here is done.
We had a debate about god and religion today....... Despite quite a coherant arguement in favour of religion given by our host I find myself to be an entrenched cynic. I have yet to come accross anything that has remotely persuaded me that religion is the "Way to go."
Lead a good life. Be good to the people around you. Help others when you can. Be courteous at all times. (after all it costs nothing). Try not to knowingly hurt anyone. These are the ways to go on in life.
I am still considering starting a cult :))) I know my friend the Archbishop Andy Toms is also interested. I hope your trek in Tibet is going well Archbishop am looking forward to seeing you in London.

Peace and Love

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got back yesterday (24th June) will have to bore you with the photos when you are over next. Any how I survived (just !) the trek to Everest base camp

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home